Find, Read or Submit news, informations and services in the Europe regional network
Retrouvez, Consultez ou Proposez des informations, des nouvelles et des services dans le réseau régionale de l’Europe
* France RegionalPress : http://www.regionalpress.com/fr
- Russia, classified as a European country by the United Nations Statistics Division, is generally considered as belonging to both Asia and Europe. Geographically most of its territory is in Asia, but most of its population and also its capital are in Europe, and it has close political and historical ties with Europe.
- The following sovereign states and dependent territories
are also often considered as belonging to Europe:
- Armenia, Azerbaijan, Cyprus, Georgia, and Turkey, classified as
Asian countries by the United Nations Statistics Division, are also often
considered as belonging to Europe, since geographically they are either
partly in Europe or in the vicinity of Europe (for the geographical
boundaries between Asia and Europe, see here),
and they have close political and historical ties with Europe.
- Abkhazia, Nagorno-Karabakh, Northern
Cyprus, and South Ossetia,
all sovereign states lacking general international recognition, are also
often considered as belonging to Europe, as they are recognized by the UN as de jure part of a country listed above.
- Akrotiri and
Dhekelia are also often considered as belonging to Europe, as they
are geographically surrounded by Cyprus.